Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mincha made meaningful

I’ve mentioned previously that there is a prayer in the afternoon service (Minchah) called ‘mevorach hashanim’ which I managed to translate as ‘blessed are the Shanis’.

Since then, on reading the Minchah amidah, I have further noticed that the prayer next to mevorach hashanim is ‘rofey choley amo yisrael’ or ‘healer of thy people Israel’. I was a bit dumbstruck on realizing this – to find a prayer containing Little S’s name right next to a prayer calling for healing, what are the chances?

Well, whatever the chances it’s there and it makes the Minchah amidah an awful lot more meaningful – whether or not saying this prayer actually changes anything I don't know, but it makes me feel better for trying – somehow, by praying, it makes me feel that I’m finding something small to do to help Little S and not just leaving everything to the surgeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment