Thursday, August 29, 2013

Petrified

Friday 9 August
At first, I was afraid, I was petrified / Kept thinking, I could never live without you by my side
Whilst on holiday in Brighton, we decided to go swimming in the local swimming pool - a not uncommon activity for us on our visits to Brighton, but one that we hadn't done since Little S had been in hospital in December. In fact, earlier in the year we had been told that swimming wasn't a great idea for her at all as she may not be able to cope with the cold water, or the colder air especially when getting out of the pool.
More recently we were told that we could give it a go, but as we entered the pool with a very excited Little S, I was petrified - really worried that any second she was going to go blue or get breathless or collapse or all of the above.
Of course, being our little miracle, she was fine - in fact she was a lot more fine than I was!

Saturday 17 August
Buoyed by this experience, we tried again when on holiday in the Cotswolds - in an indoor swimming pool, an outdoor swimming pool and even at an inland beach (the largest in the country apparently).
And each time, although I was worried stiff (maybe a bit less after the third or fourth time), Little S loved it, and wanted to get on with swimming on her own, without armbands!
So it seems, unlike her older two siblings who hated going into the water at her age, that Little S is a bit of a water baby - maybe I should be a bit less worried and a bit more amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment